September 28, 2011

Hangin' With The Centaurs...







I have been chippin' away at this painting.  The original ink drawing on the canvas (bottom image) has long since disappeared.  These guys just keep evolving.  You may have noticed my smokin' easel.  Jealous?  It's a combination card table and children's easel by Melissa & Doug.  (My kid hasn't used it in years).  It all works perfectly.  Rather than get an easel upgrade, I think I would rather save up for a record player.  I've been missing records lately.  

4 comments:

DSM said...

I nearly wrote to ask about these guys; the centaurs,they are a-changing. Great to see the sketch and updates.

Yeah, records...I go through them at the Salvation Army to look at the cover work. I had that! I had that,too....

DSM said...

BOB:
here's a link to a remarkable wounded horse image by Prisc. Thornycroft (WWII) that I stumbled upon this morning after the 'centaur update.' Fair warning: This is sort of gory. Apologies for this sort of contact via your very nice blog.

http://rosecestlavie.blogspot.com/2011/04/revealing-aspects-of-war-from-womans.html

Bob Logan said...

A very powerful image indeed! Thank you for the interesting link!

Elaine Bogan said...

I love the face on the guy on the right. HAHA!
This is really lookin' good, Bob!