November 15, 2010

Me At My Local Barnes & Noble...

(photo taken of me with my phone by a helpful mom). 

(an ad for my book and a NOOK).

I would like to extend a hearty thanks to Pam at Barnes & Noble in Thousand Oaks, California for allowing me to visit the store to read and sign my book. I was really excited and (I might add) a little bit nervous! The turnout was great!  I should have brought my camera to better document the moment. I had to make do with my phone.

I would like to thank the staff and volunteers at Westlake Elementary for allowing me to take part in their book event as well!

3 comments:

John J. Walsh IV said...

Bob, I saw your book on display and fell instantly in love with it. This is the book I wish I had in my youth, and that I want to read to my future children, to their children, and (God willing!) even their children. I fell in love with the sea at a very young age, and my imagination was whisked away in those churning tides. Bathtubs were certainly a childhood substitute for that endless blue expanse, and so The Sea of Bath really reaches deep into my heart and rings true to that lifelong love.

I currently work next door to the Barnes & Noble where you did your reading, and desperately hoped to get a break in time to hear you read or at least shake your talented hand. While I was unfortunately not able to make it in time for the event, I was very grateful that you left a few signed copies, complete with wonderful doodles upon their first pages. I picked one up tonight after work, and it brings an ever-widening smile to my face as I flip through and read the love-filled pages.

Thank you for writing this, for sharing it with the world. You've done a wonderful, wonderful thing, and I look forward to what comes next.

John J. Walsh IV said...

I hope you don't mind, but I couldn't keep my love for your book to myself, and had to write about it:

Review: "The Sea of Bath" by Bob Logan

Bob Logan said...

John,

Thank you for taking the time to review my book. I'm really glad you enjoy it!

Best!

b!